Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Treats 5!

Number 5 today. Let's see......what should I pick......?????? Gingerbread? Poppy seed bread? PB Kisses? Mounds Bars? The choices are many but I am starting to worry I won't be able to come up with all 15~ I will do it! I will! Choices choices choices. Okay number 5~ oh fudge....



OH Fudge!





Ingredients:

3 cps semisweet chocolate chips

1 (14 oz)can sweetened condensed milk

1/4 cp butter

1 cp chopped walnuts (opt)


1.Place chocolate chips, butter and sweetened condensed milk into in large microwavable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chocolate chips are melted, about 3-5 mins, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.


2. Pour into well-greased 8x8 glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.


Makes 16.

A few other optionals you can try:

- adding 1/2 tsp mint extract for a chocolaty-minty treat! Peppermint would be a nice holiday flavor.

-Sprinkle powder sugar over the top for a more formal look.

-add bits (very small bits) of dried cherries for a cherry cordialish taste.

-be creative! by use small amounts so the fudge is not over powered by the extras! Fudge in itself is a prize!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.