Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude * Sunday

Today I join Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude *  Sunday.




G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
*
If you would like to join us, please leave a link to your post in the comments below. 
Our gratefulness feeds one another. 
*
~
*
 
Throughout the week I've felt grateful for: 

~ Celebrating 3 years of marriage to my husband. 

~ A lovely and thoughtful anniversary gift, from my husband.

Tree of Life Pendant from Mystic Orb


~ Friends who let me share my worries so I don't have to keep them inside.

~ The Internet (truely!), without it I'd be completely isolated.

~ My circle of friends both on FB and in the blogging community. They keep me connected, loved on, and supported from afar.

~ My childrens' love for each other.

~Listening to my childrens' lists of Thanks. Hearing them say "I'm thankful for my brother (or sister)" touches my heart.

~ A very cute lunch partner. He makes me laugh and loves to be silly.




~ Random, unexpected moments of silliness. They lighten the mood and bring us back to the good things of life.

~My husband who tries is best to help with the household chores (like the grocery list and menu for the week). But sometimes forgets things (like planning for Thanksgiving dinner, on said menu/list). (This still makes me smile. 2012 will probably go down as the year Thanksgiving was almost forgotten. Haha.)

~ Dreams. For without them life would get pretty stale.

~Planning and talking about next year and things we want, and need, to do.

~Seeing reminders of how having faith and hope is always important. And things work out how they're supposed to in the end.

~Children that are appreciative of the things I make for them. It's so nice to see them love things I've made especially for them.

~Inspiration and motivation to keep following on the path I'm trying to lead. That it's hard work but in the end it pays off. And living simply is well worth it for a peaceful heart.

~A list of things I'd like to try making, reading, and doing this winter. To keep me busy, challenged, learning, and creative.

~Plastic on our windows. I know the plastic isn't all that great (in the end) for the environment but it really keeps our house much warmer and we use less wood when heating.(I still can't wrap my head around why they'd install mobile home windows in a house, it's basically only having storm windows on the windows. There is no second layer of protection.)



Gratitude Sunday

3 comments:

  1. plastic on the windows... lol i remember that from when i was a kid. it is so amazing how much hot air leaves thru those window cracks!
    enjoy your thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining Gratitude Sunday. Glad you are enjoying your pendant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is so beautiful, what a lovely gift! I loved what you wrote about being inspired to continue on the simple living path- it can definitely be a tough road at times but I totally agree it makes a more peaceful and grateful heart so well worth it!
    annie @ montanasolarcreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.