Friday, December 7, 2012

~Felting~

I was recently inspired by Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots and her post on felting wool sweaters and making new creations!

I am so in love with this "craft", "art", I'm not really sure what the proper term I should use. But it's been so fun and such a great creative outlet. Here is what I've done.....



 This red one already had buttons I left on and gives me a Little Red Riding Hood feel. Its sized about 12-18 months. I added the little pockets to the front with pieces from the sleeves.









The "Shepard's vest", is still waiting on the perfect buttons. I am very proud of how this one came out! It fits about a 4-5t boy.







I really wanted to try making a cute little smock for our littlest girl and loved the feel of this sweater, so I slit it up the back to make it. The little pocket on the front won't hold much but it sure makes it look cute with it's little bird. Again waiting on the perfect button for this. It turned out a bit bigger than I'd thought but it's sure to fit her next year, when she's in a 18-24 month size!






A few photos of my little model! It was a bit difficult to get her to sit still.




1 comment:

  1. lol, i was inspired by the wooly moss roots sweater felting as well! i made one too. your vests look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.