Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Secret Treasure #3















The last secret treasure we found that day a sentinel. A tree older than property. My husband guesses its probably a few hundred years old, at least. A Sweet Gum tree. This tree seems to be wise. And sacred. A guardian.

The cravings etched in its bark from my husband's younger sister and her friends. Rebels.

My husband says he also use this tree as a deer stand. How he got to the lowest branches is a mystery.

It stands there in the path many tornadoes have taken. It's trunk too thick to ever be brought down, not by wind or man.

This tree guards us to the South. Marks the line of ours and theirs.

Like the mighty Red Oak that stands guard on the driveway, it is being to respect and cherish. History alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.