Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Me..Starting a Business?!

I'm doing it. Following a dream. Starting a business. Something I like to do. Something I take pride in. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time.

Photography

I once tried to explain to my DH that most of the time I see the world as a series of photos. Still frames in my mind- as the song goes. I want to bring that out. I want to use that. If I wait to much too longer it will be too late. Some days I already feel that way. But there's no time like the present, right?

I've got a few steps down. I've given myself a deadline (4 weeks). Now I need to make sure I put this on the top of important things to do.

I've got a good camera for starting out.
I've picked a name.
I've opened a website- not yet published but I'm working on it.
I'm sending out an invitation for a free session to a few people, to help build my portfolio and maybe start a clientele.
I've got my pricing info and "mission" statement.
I'm missing things I know it but it's a learning process and I learn best on the fly. Haha.
I know I'll need a trademark/watermark and register it and that'll come.

Head long here I go into a new adventure! Eeekkk!

(My most recent work. J makes things so easy!)


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Feel free to check out Dashing Life Photography or this website: www.dashinglifephotography.zenfolio.com She is a Mom's Club friend who does excellent work (and is therefore impossible to book). Or look at the work who did our mini-sessions this weekend.

    I wish I lived near you so you could practice on my boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.