Monday, May 23, 2011

Mom's Day Out: Postponed

Saturday was supposed to be the 1st Mom's Day Out but I had to postpone due to the weather here. A weekend of storms and rain. I obvisiously do not have any of my own photos to share but take a look at the damage that part of our city sustained yesterday. This was a mere 7 miles from our home. And less than a mile from where we lived just a year ago. I'm saddened for those that were affected and grateful for our "luck".

But we (DH and I) did get a lot of much needed cleaning done this weekend. He got all the laundry washed and I folded and put it away (no longer is the pile of Mount Clothing growing in our bedroom! Haha.) He swept, vaccumed (even pulled the area rugs out on the porch and knocked them out), and mopped. I love him helping. He just sometimes get too involved and on top of things and makes me want to run and hide. The house feels so clean. (I do have a few small projects I want to do..like wash the windows, and declutter the buffet- the landing space in our house and will get to them on my time.)

I hope to eek out some time this week to get to Mom's time out.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day even if it wasnt what you had originally planned. Kudos to you for making the most of it. : )
    I love the way our home feels after the husband and I do a nice deep clean together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.