|most recent pic of me|
|I think I was about 1 here.|
Taryn, at Wooly Moss Roots, did a blog a few days ago on her birthday, where she listed 27 (she turned 27) things about herself. I love this idea as a way to look back in the future, so I'm using it. Here are my 36 things about me:
1. I am the youngest, the oldest and only child all at once. (Youngest for my dad, oldest for my mom and only between them.)
2. I was born in Oklahoma.
3. I've only been surfing once, but am obsessed with it.
|with my grandpa|
5. I have 2 brothers and a sister.
6. I know a very little French.
7. My favorite subjects in school were Geography, History and English.
8. I hate cumin and curry.
9. I am English, Irish, German, Cherokee, and a bit of Scottish.
10. I am named after Rachel Carson.
12. I wanted to be an archaeologist, an actress, a photographer and/or a lawyer when I was young.
13. I always knew I'd be a mother. And some of my kids came to be before birth, to tell me their names and let me know they'd be okay.
14. I don't have a best friend. But I have many good ones.
15. I love Fall. But I love Spring just as much.
17. I love to read but haven't been able to finish a book in 9 months.
18. Les Miserables, Bridge to Terabithia, and The Celestine Prophecy series are a few of my favorites.
19. I protested in front of Honeywell as a child on roller skates.
20. I was baptised, and confirmed Catholic.
21. I believe in reincarnation, and remember a few of my past lives.
22. I am trying to live in the moment and am seeking serenity.
|Mom, sister and I|
23. I still remember the names of my best friends from 1st grade- Jessica Jellings, Carrie Merryman and Carrie Macabe.
24. I have always wanted to learn, take up, kick boxing and yoga.
25. I've never been to a chiropractor.
|7 and 5|
26. I love the idea of wearing pink. But never can find anything I like in it.
27. I love the wind, and the feel of grass under my feet.
28. I prefer to be barefoot.
29. I love spring rolls, and egg rolls. I miss the Lotus's Birds' Nest entree. (Not made from real bird's nests- a crunchy rice noodle "nest" with chicken dish inside.)
30. I hate my birthday. People tend to forget it.
|Sister, little bro, and I|
31. I love to help others. Giving of myself is the most selfless thing I can do.
32. I like sweet and salty combined.
33. I dream of living in an intentional community someday.
34. I used to collect teddy bears and fairies (as an adult) but most have been lost over the years.
35. Ostara/Easter is my favorite holiday. But I love them all.
36. I still have that "when I grow up" feeling. I often still feel as if I'm still a teen, or in my early twenties.