Monday, September 24, 2012

Birthday Number 36

most recent pic of me

I think I was about 1 here.
I'm 36 today!

Taryn, at Wooly Moss Roots, did a blog a few days ago on her birthday, where she listed 27 (she turned 27) things about herself. I love this idea as a way to look back in the future, so I'm using it. Here are my 36 things about me:


1. I am the youngest, the oldest and only child all at once. (Youngest for my dad, oldest for my mom and only between them.)

2. I was born in Oklahoma.

3. I've only been surfing once, but am obsessed with it.


with my grandpa
4. I love vampire and post-apocalyptic movies.

5. I have 2 brothers and a sister.

6. I know a very little French.

7. My favorite subjects in school were Geography, History and English.

8. I hate cumin and curry.

9. I am English, Irish, German, Cherokee, and a bit of Scottish.

10. I am named after Rachel Carson.




about 3
 11. I love watermelon, ruby red grapefruits, and asparagus.

12. I wanted to be an archaeologist, an actress, a photographer and/or a lawyer when I was young.

13. I always knew I'd be a mother. And some of my kids came to be before birth, to tell me their names and let me know they'd be okay.

14. I don't have a best friend. But I have many good ones.

15. I love Fall. But I love Spring just as much.


4ish
 16. I was a Grandpa's girl.

17. I love to read but haven't been able to finish a book in 9 months.

18. Les Miserables, Bridge to Terabithia, and The Celestine Prophecy series are a few of my favorites.

19. I protested in front of Honeywell as a child on roller skates.

20. I was baptised, and confirmed Catholic.

21. I believe in reincarnation, and remember a few of my past lives.

22. I am trying to live in the moment and am seeking serenity.



Mom, sister and I

23. I still remember the names of my best friends from 1st grade- Jessica Jellings, Carrie Merryman and Carrie Macabe.

24. I have always wanted to learn, take up, kick boxing and yoga.

25. I've never been to a chiropractor.





7 and 5


26. I love the idea of wearing pink. But never can find anything I like in it.

27. I love the wind, and the feel of grass under my feet.

28. I prefer to be barefoot.

29. I love spring rolls, and egg rolls. I miss the Lotus's Birds' Nest entree. (Not made from real bird's nests- a crunchy rice noodle "nest" with chicken dish inside.)

30. I hate my birthday. People tend to forget it.






Sister, little bro, and I



31. I love to help others. Giving of myself  is the most selfless thing I can do.

32. I like sweet and salty combined.

33. I dream of living in an intentional community someday.

34. I used to collect teddy bears and fairies (as an adult) but most have been lost over the years.

35. Ostara/Easter is my favorite holiday. But I love them all.

36. I still have that "when I grow up" feeling. I often still feel as if I'm still a teen, or in my early twenties.







Bff 5th-9th




1 comment:

  1. That picture of you at 3 looks like you posted a picture of C!!!! WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.