Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yarn Along: Something For Me







Today I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for the weekly Yarn Along.


This week I've been working on something for myself! I never knit for me so I had to find the perfect thing. And this cowl seemed right. Something to wear outside for quick jaunts, like letting the chickens out in the mornings and the dogs. It's a bigger piece than I thought it would be so I'm taking my time with it, not to rush and make mistakes. In off times I've been knitting coffee cup cozies. (For a future adventure!) These are so simple and I can knit one up in less than an hour. (I still need to finish off the end pieces, but I like to do that all at once. A big finishing sit down!) I want to find some fun colors to make more.

Reading.... well not much lately, for myself that is. LOTS of reading to the children on a daily basis. I ordered 3 new books last Friday and am anxiously awaiting them. You're All My Favorites is a favorite here. I love the simple pictures and the premise of how each bear is loved for their uniqueness.

And yes this week I did learn something new via YouTube. Yarn over. I never knew this mistake I make often is an actual technique! Haha. And now I know and know how to avoid it and fix it!

Please excuse the quality of the photos, taken with my phone- on a cloudy day.

What are you reading? Knitting?

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for knitting for yourself! I love the yarns you're using, looks so cozy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong in making something for yourself..love all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am knitting for myself too, we need to do that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice projects. Cup cozies are so handy, I just wish I hsd one in my bag when I want it!
    Lovely cowl beginnings there, always nice to know what you thought was an error is an actual technique.
    Enjoy your knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.