Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yarn Along: Shorties



Today I'm joining Ginny at Simple Things for Yarn Along.


I haven't been inspired much lately. My desire to knit took a bit of a hit after finishing my shawl and having it not turn out at all as expected. I bet it's just one of those things. I followed the pattern and used all the right materials but it came out much smaller than it should. B got a cute shawl, I am now on the search for a new pattern and just the right yarn. I will make myself something someday.

Then last week I accidentally shrunk my favorite pair of longies for A. And needed to replace them. I only had a single skein of wool so I knew I'd end up making shorties. I cast on on Thursday and finished them up on Monday. They've inspired me to get knitting again! Later today I'll cast on another pair, with cotton yarn I've tried before. I love the candy cane look of this yarn. And hope they'll make some super cute shorts for A for the upcoming summer. Oh wait! I just had an idea for a sun dress. We'll see where this leads....


As for reading, I'm very slowly starting the newest book in James Redfield's Celestine Prophecy series- The Twelfth Insight: The Hour of Decision. These books have a way of opening my mind, and spirit. Very grounding.


How about you, what are you knitting? Reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.