Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yarn Along: Cursed, I Tell Ya!

Last week I shared my intention to knit a sundress for A out of some cute cotton yarn I've had forever. And I started, was about half through, when I put it down for a few minutes. When I came back one of our dogs had started eating it. She'd chewed the wooden parts of my circular needles and my work had started unraveling. There was no saving it. I wrote about this happening before, with this same yarn. And I am now convinced it's cursed. Two different dogs, two different projects, two sets of needles. I give up.


So instead I picked up two older projects to get a finish on. A knit bunny, I'm making up as I go, with some leftover yarn I have on hand. And just a keep my hands busy project. It'll either turn out to be a dish cloth, or a doll blanket for one of A's many dollies. This yarn was gifted to me by a friend, and is so soft. A comes up and snuggles in close to it every time I bring it out.


As for reading, honestly I haven't made it any farther in last week's book. Since A's birth, 14 months ago, I've had a really hard time getting into anything, and finishing anything longer than a magazine. Could be my choices, how busy life is, or just mama brain keeping me from relaxing enough to really get into anything. I do continue to read bits and pieces, here and there, but nothing from cover to cover. {Sigh} I do miss a good book.


Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along over at Small Things. What are you knitting? Reading?


1 comment:

  1. OH NO! that is so weird that two different dogs have chewed that yarn. crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from my readers! Many blessings to all.